Introduction to RadioButton Control in Asp.net
Below is the introduction to RadioButton Control in asp.net :
- RadioButton control is the option button that can be checked on/off.
- Use a radio button when you want the user to choose only one option.When you want the user to choose all appropriate options, use a check box.
- When a user clicks on a radio button, it becomes checked, and all other radio buttons with same group become unchecked.
- All RadioButtons in the same group must have the same GroupName property.
Properties Of RadioButton Control
Below is the description of the properties of RadioButton control :-
Adding RadioButton Control to WebForm
- Drag & Drop the RadioButton control from the Toolbox task pane to your Web Page.
- Set properties for the control in the Properties task pane.
Use RadioButton Control in Asp.net
- You can use the GroupName property when only one selection is possible from a list of available options.When this property is set, only one RadioButton in the specified group can be selected at a time.
- If you want to perform operation on selection of RadioButton then you will set the AutoPostBack to true.
When user wants to select his/her favorite color.
- Design Web Form (WebForm1.aspx page).
- Generate Code in Code-Behind File (WebForm1.aspx.cs page).
- Output: Press “F5” or “Ctrl + F5”. Select Your Favorite Color.